Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Union Jack

Britain has certainly been on our minds with the Royal Wedding, but long before that, the Union Jack was already strong in the decor world, and definitely in the blogosphere. A true design icon.

beautiful dresser by maisons du monde

  lovely photograph from 1st option

I love this chaise longue and of course,
the excellent photography by James Merrell

Totally creative and eco-friendly DIY project seen in
reciclart

How pretty is this living room from 1st option ?

This one I had already posted, but don't blame me. It's definitely one of my all-time favorite living rooms. It's from the British edition of adore home.

I like the simplicity of this canvas. And so cute. From Swings & Pretty Things via Not On The High Street.

This fresh pillow has softer colors and lovely patterns.
It's from  The Natural Store

And finally, nothing as British as the good old "Keep Calm and Carry On".
Definitely, my favorite.

Available from The Contemporary Home

I know using the flag is something very popular in the US and Britain, but that's not the same thing here in Mexico. The way we treat our flag is different. But I love the Union Jack thing. I'm  thinking of getting (or making) a pillow for my living room, or going for the "Keep Calm" poster. Something like that would seriously work around here.

Take care. =)

No comments:

LinkWithin