Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Last Minute Christmas Decor

Hi there! Are you late for your holiday decorations? Do you think you're missing some sparkles of color at home? Then keep reading!

This Christmas came to me too soon. Don't get me wrong; I LOVE Christmas time of year. It's just that, as a working mom and a somewhat newly wed, time has passed me by so fast I haven't had the time to sit still and do everything I wanted. But then again, who has? The holiday season is one of the busiest of all.

Today I decided to finish my home decorations, and I wasn't planning on spending neither too much time nor money. Wanna take a look?

Easy tree skirt

If you haven't got a tree skirt, there's no need to worry. A simple and effective way to make one is to use any piece of matching fabric you have at home. I used a cheap but lively red piece of cloth I had (I think I bought a yard for 1 dolar!).



This is how our tree looks with its brand new skirt:







Decorating with Glass Ornaments




If you have some spare ornaments around your home, there are plenty of ways to use them besides the tree. Here's what I made:



Lovely basket for my kitchen.
{Don't worry, you don't need to fill it all. Use newspaper to fill the bottom ;) }



Festive centerpiece for my coffe table.




Fill a cookie jar, and you get a beautiful ornament display.

Now, my living room is looking prettier!




So there you have it, a couple of quick and easy ideas for you to try at home.
I'm posting about my tree later on, so stay tuned! ;)

P.S. I'm linking this to Blue Eyed Blessings.
Check for more ideas there!

No comments:

LinkWithin